Employee morale is not only good for workplace culture, but it can benefit a company’s bottom line. Studies have found that companies with high employee engagement are 21 percent more profitable and see 41 percent lower absenteeism. Not only that, but happy, motivated employees are generally more productive and provide better customer service.
One way many employers attempt to boost workplace morale is through company outings, and now that pandemic-related restrictions are lifting across the country, group events and activities are becoming more feasible.
Company-wide outings don’t have to break the bank. Here are five fun and creative ideas to help your team bond and connect.
- Local sports game. Attending a local sports game is a great way to get employees out of the office and connecting with one another in a fun, competitive environment. Local games are generally much more affordable than professional ones, but provide a comparable level of excitement and entertainment. They can also inspire a sense of camaraderie among team members who are rooting for the same home team.
- Laser tag. Looking for a way to help your team blow off steam and release some pent-up work stress? Laser tag may be just the thing. Renting out a laser tag venue on a weeknight is relatively inexpensive and can provide hours of enjoyment.
- Brewery tour. Getting out of the office can provide a much-needed change of pace for teams. A guided tour such as a brewery tour can help team members relax and enjoy each other’s company in a new, refreshing way. As a bonus, you will also be supporting local businesses that may have been hit hard during the pandemic.
- Scavenger hunt. A scavenger hunt through your city can be a fun team building activity that doesn’t require a lot of financial investment. Try upping the ante by having your staff compete in teams and offering a prize for the winner(s).
- Improv or comedy show. Laughter is often the best medicine for boosting company morale. Many local theaters are re-opening their doors after the COVID-19 pandemic and are looking to fill seats. Local comedy shows can cost as low as $5-$10 a ticket and are a fun way to spend an evening with your team.
Athlete on Demand connects organizations with motivational sports celebrities for a range of events and speaking engagements. We empower current and retired professional athletes transitioning to entrepreneurship by eliminating middle men like booking agents and giving athletes more control over their business careers.