Whether you are hiring a motivational speaker for a teambuilding event, a fundraiser, a conference, or another special event, it is important to choose the right person. Your featured speaker sets the tone for the entire experience you are creating and can make or break your event.
A talented speaker knows how to engage their audience and instill them with fresh inspiration and motivation. Their stories and perspectives help promote solidarity, creativity, and hope. Perhaps that is why the motivational speaking industry is expected to grow by about 4 percent to $2.3 billion by 2025.
While there are many brands and styles of motivational speakers, professional athletes are a popular choice. Here are 10 reasons why hiring a former or current pro athlete will be beneficial for your team or event.
- Athletes know the value of teamwork and collaboration.
- Athletes have developed discipline and perseverance and can share their strategies with others.
- The stories of professional athletes’ rise to fame are high-stakes and interesting.
- Athletes have developed healthy physical and mental habits they can share.
- Their real life examples of overcoming obstacles are inspirational.
- Athletes are proof that hard work and determination can have major payoffs, which can be motivational for nearly anyone.
- They can share lifestyle tips that help employees be more productive and focused.
- They know the value of paying attention to detail.
- They can motivate employees to invest in their physical health, which is tied to mental health and productivity.
- Their stories of meeting other celebrities and public figures are interesting and engaging.
Athlete On Demand was founded by a former pro athlete who understands the sports industry and the valuable lessons professional athletes have to share. We connect businesses looking for motivational speakers or emcees with current and former professional athletes.